It’s easy to spend money. But not so much when it comes to planning or saving up for it. Take part in our simple game and see how you fare when it comes to making sense of your finances.
< Back to game
< Back to game
‘Make $ense of Your Finances’ Contest Terms & Conditions
By participating in the ‘Make $ense of Your Finances’ 2019 Contest (the “Game”), I understand and agree to the following:
- The Game is organised by Tiger, ("Tiger") representing Manulife Singapore Pte. Ltd (“Manulife Singapore”) and will run from 29 April 2019 to 24 May 2019. Entries submitted after 11:59PM on 24 May 2019 will not qualify for the game.
- The game is open to all Singaporeans and Permanent Residents residing in Singapore only. Only persons aged 21 years old and above are eligible to participate in the game.
- All participants of the game (the “Participants”) affirm the accuracy and correctness of all information provided at the time of game entry. Any misrepresentation of any facts or particulars shall result in disqualification, forfeiture, withholding or withdrawal of the Prizes won, or recovery of the amount of the Prizes won at the sole discretion of Tiger.
- Participants may play the game multiple times, but only the first game submission of each Participant will be captured and recorded in the game for their chance to win.
- The game will have 5 Lucky Winners (the “Winners”). Winners are the 50th, 100th, 150th, 200th and 250th participant who submits a successful entry before the game ends.
- The Winners will each receive a cash prize of $200. All Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. Manulife Singapore reserves the right to replace the Prizes with other prizes of equivalent value.
- Tiger decision on the Winners, and at all stages of the game is final. No correspondence, enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, will be entertained. All Participants and Winners shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by Manulife Singapore concerning, without limitation, to these terms and conditions, the rules, procedures and regulations of the game, the award of the Prizes and any other matters relating to the game.
- Winners of the game will be announced to all Participants via email on 24 June 2019. Winners will be notified separately by phone call and email according to the contact detailed submitted. Winners will be deemed notified once the notification email has been sent out.
- Manulife Singapore shall have the sole and absolute discretion to exclude any person from participating in the game, without providing any reason and without prior notice.
- Participants consent under the ‘Personal Data Protection Act 2012’ to the collection, use and disclosure of one’s personal data by/to Manulife Singapore and other third parties as Manulife Singapore may reasonably consider necessary for the purpose of the game – and confirm that they agree to be bound by the terms of Manulife’s Statement of Personal Data Protection, a copy of which can be found on: www.manulife.com.sg/hy_privacy_policy.aspx.
- Manulife Singapore can use the Winner’s name, image and/or voice for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Manulife Singapore shall be released and discharged by each Participant from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action and/or damages which the Participants may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Game, (ii) loss suffered by the Winners as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Game, Prizes and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- Manulife Singapore reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the Game without giving notice or reason.
- The terms of the Game will be governed by and construed in accordance to the laws of the Republic of Singapore and all Participants agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
- All information above is correct as of 29 April 2019.
© 2019 Manulife (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
< Back to game
Manulife's Marketing Consent
- I consent to the Representatives of Tiger, an agency branch representing Manulife (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (“Manulife”), to contact me (even though my telephone number is already registered on the National Do Not Call Registry) for marketing purposes, and provide me with marketing, advertising and promotional information, materials and /or documents relating to products and services marketed by Manulife.
- I confirm that I am the user and/or subscriber of the telephone number or email provided by me.
The consent I provide is in addition to and does not supersede, vary or nullify any consent which I may have provided previously in respect of the above purposes, unless my consent is withdrawn.
💰 Annual cashflow $0
Before we get started, I just need to know a couple of things so that I can personalise the experience for you.
Let's begin. I'll be asking you some questions. Depending on your answer, money will be deducted from your annual salary to show an estimate of how much you are spending.
#Adulting involves a long “To-Buy List” of bath towels, door mats and more. But hey, at least you get to choose your style and colour. Where do you go for such basic home and bath necessities?
Brown sugar bubble teas. Rainbow croissants. Salted egg yolk anything. Looks like we’re all eating for the gram. Sure, it’ll get you the ‘Likes’ online. But such offline indulgences come with hefty price tags. How often in a month do you splurge on food fads or brunches?
You don’t need a passport to shop globally today. The only two factors? Waiting time and shipping costs. Assuming you made an online purchase from China, which of the following delivery methods would you pick?
For everyone else who lives outside of Town, morning commutes can quite literally, take the life out of you. Thankfully, Singapore has many transport options to choose from. What’s your daily choice of transport?
Good job, you're halfway there.
It never kills to have a bit of fun, especially after a long day at work! So sing your heart out, dance the night away, catch a show to chill or host a round of game night. Which late-night activity do you and your buddies hit up most?
Sounds fun. Are we invited? 🎉
We’re pretty sure ‘Long Weekends in Singapore’ is in your search history. Why let them go to waste when you could be on a food hunt in Penang, attending a festival in Thailand, shopping in Korea or snowboarding in Niseko? Tell us, when travelling – what do you spend on most?
Nice one. To travel is to live, right?
Living well is no longer a trend, but a way of life – with an influx of unique sports experiences for anyone and everyone to keep fit and have fun. For a good workout session, where would you go?
Good one, at least you're working out. 😊
Mobile apps are app-solutely taking over our world. From entertainment to dating, meditation to office collaboration and more. No wonder we’re willing to spend our dollars on premium app purchases and in-app add-ons. How many apps do you purchase monthly?
Singapore may be an island, but food options and international cuisines are not scarce. It’s no wonder 1 out of 4 locals choose to eat out daily than cook at home – and 55% prefer eating out on a weekly basis. What about you? Where do you usually dine?
It can be easy (and fast) to get around Singapore, but at what cost? Public transport might be the most affordable, but getting a private car or owning your own ride can increase speed and convenience. How do you get around the island?
Singapore’s education system is placing less emphasis on results and more on holistic learning experiences. But not every parent sees eye-to-eye. Some still believe in the benefits of extra tuition and enrichment classes. If you’re a parent, what would the focus for your child be?
Knowledge is power. 🎓
There is an abundance of housing options in Singapore. But with that comes the dilemma of choosing a location that’s good for work, near your child’s school and convenient for your parents and in-laws. Plus, whether to opt for public or private housing. What would your ideal choice be?
Good job, you're halfway there.
Technology has created an entire slew of media and content options to spoil and entertain us. And that’s on top of being connected to the world wide web. While it isn’t exorbitant, every little subscription adds up over time. Which of the following are you currently subscribed to?
Living in Singapore can get stressful. It’s one of the reasons why taking a vacation has become a necessity for some rest and relaxation. How do you get recharged and what are your upcoming holiday plans for the year?
Nice one. To travel is to live, right?
Shopping is an international hobby. With shopping malls and online shops all around you, which of the following are you most likely to shop at for monthly workwear clothes?
Keeping healthy is crucial, as many long-term illnesses can stop one from working and drain finances. Diabetes is one such illness, affecting 1 in 9 Singaporeans. How will you ensure that your health and well-being is taken care of?
Home essentials can never be complete, for there’s always something new to purchase every other day – from new cushion covers to lightbulbs and drinking glasses. Where do you usually go to buy everyday homeware items?
Quality, taste and freshness of everyday meals matter. But today’s time-starved lifestyle has called healthfulness and convenience to the table as well. What’s your go-to option these days when it comes to breakfast, lunch and dinner?
Yum. Can we have a bite? 🍽️
Did you know that the average 4-room household can expect their bill to increase by $40.24 after the recent price hike in electricity, water and gas? Imagine those in even larger properties. How much is your monthly utility bill today?
Good job, keep going!
You probably spend more on presents for birthdays, parties, house-warmings and weddings than on yourself. A cost that can quickly add up to shocking figures. What’s the average cost of a gift for you?
The level of debt in Singapore is rising. No thanks to locals being big credit card fans, with monthly billings per card amounting to an estimated $555. Making it one of our nation’s fastest growing debt category, comprising of +21.8% of total household liabilities, on top of other repayment loans. How does your monthly credit card bill look like?
Wished it was $0, didn't you? 😂
Singaporeans are paying the most for cars, worldwide. While the convenience and prestige of owning one is tempting, the thought of spending more than $160,000 over 10 years has driven many away. Given a choice, what would your daily choice of transport be?
Cliff-diving in Boracay or dance clubs in Berlin might no longer sit on your ‘dream vacation’ list. After all, holidays should involve actual relaxing and indulging, right? You’ve earned it. So tell us, which part of your travels are you most willing to splurge on?
Can we join? Our bags are ready. ✈️
There’s nothing better than knowing that you’re doing everything you can to live life to its fullest. From eating healthy to improving your mobility through exercise and getting quality sleep. Which aspect are you most invested in right now to ensure long-term health and wellness?
Your final cashflow is
Submit your details and stand to win $200 cash*!
Thank you for playing again, but we have already received your entry which gives you a chance to win $200 cash*!
Multiple game play is welcomed, but only your first submission will be captured.