COVID-19: Special S$1,000,000 support fund for our customers
These challenging times call for us to stand together in the fight against COVID-19 outbreak. As a company, Manulife Singapore is committed to standing shoulder to shoulder with our customers.
To support our customers in this difficult period, we have set up a S$1 million COVID-19 support fund and introduced two specially-designed benefits to enhance our protection coverage for all customers:
(1) New: Diagnosis Benefit(s)
Customers who are diagnosed with COVID-19 in Singapore will receive a one-time immediate cash benefit of S$1,500.
If the policyholder with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 is hospitalised for 5 days or more, an additional cash benefit of S$2,000 (i.e. a total of S$3,500) would be payable.
(2) Additional Death Benefit
In the unfortunate event that death occurs as a result of the diagnosis of COVID-19, an additional lump sum of S$30,000 will be paid out on top of the death benefit from the customer’s existing policy.
This is part of our continuous support to the community amid the COVID-19 outbreak, with our recent donation of S$100,000 to The Courage Fund to uphold those at the forefront of the fight.
Find out more about Manulife Plan Coverage of COVID-19.
Terms & Conditions
Effective 17 February 2020 until 1 June 2020 (both dates inclusive) (the “Covered Period”) and subject to the terms and conditions below, all existing individual inforce/new policyholders and individual life insureds (“Customers”) of Manulife (Singapore) Pte Ltd (“Manulife Singapore”) will receive the following FREE protection coverage against COVID-19 (“COVID-19 Benefits”).
(a) Payout of S$1,500 upon diagnosis of COVID-19; and
Additional S$30,000 payout upon death due to COVID-19 infection.
1) All Customers of Manulife Singapore who contracted COVID-19 and/or died due to COVID-19 infection during the Covered Period are eligible for the COVID-19 Benefits at no additional costs.
2) The COVID-19 Benefits are payable only if:
- the diagnosis of, hospitalization and/or death due to COVID-19 occurred in Singapore during the Covered Period, and
- Manulife Singapore’s COVID-19 support fund for COVID-19 Benefits capped at S$1 million for total payout remains available.
3) For policies issued/reinstated on or after 17 Feb 2020, COVID-19 Benefits will not be payable if the Customer’s diagnosis of COVID-19 occurs within fourteen (14) days from the date of the policy issuance/reinstatement.
4) The Customer or Customer’s legal representative must at his/own expense, within ninety (90) days from the date of diagnosis or death, notify Manulife Singapore and give written proof of such claim. Such proof includes written proof of test result confirming COVID-19 infection, duration of hospitalization, and death certification (where applicable) certified by a registered medical practitioner in Singapore.
5) Each Customer will only be entitled to a one-time payment of Diagnosis Benefit (i.e. S$1,500 or S$3,500 depending on the duration of hospitalization), and a one-time payment of Death Benefit (i.e. S$30,000) to each Customer’s legal representative regardless of the number of policies held.
6) Manulife Singapore shall at its own absolute discretion vary these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
Information is correct as of 17 February 2020.